Troubleshooting High-speed Wireless Internet
If you are ever having a problem getting connected to your internet service, please check the following before calling:
Check your connections:
- Make sure that the power adapter is properly plugged into an outlet/surge protector.
Note: A surge protector is highly suggested to protect your equipment from sudden power surges that could cause damage.
- Check that the Ethernet cable is plugged into the power adapter and then from the power adapter to your router or your PC.
Note: A wireless router is only used if your computer(s) have a wireless card or if you have multiple computers using the same internet service; computers are connected to a router either through individual wireless cards or through Ethernet cables.
Power cycle your Radio:
- Unplug the power adapter from the outlet/surge protector for 15-20 seconds and plug it back in.
Note: If you do not use a wireless router, skip the next step.
Bypass your router:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from your router and plug it directly to into your laptop or CPU
Note: If your service works after doing this, something is wrong with your router or your wireless internet card.
Other Causes for Problems:
- Storms are likely to cause connections to be slightly interrupted.
- Lightening and power outages at towers happen on occasion, but we make it a priority to get the problem solved as soon as possible.
After trouble-shooting your service, you can call our Tech-Support line at 1-888-298-2149; they will ask you if you have gone through the trouble shooting steps and then try to help you as much as they can. If further assistance is needed they will escalate a trouble ticket to our LigTel crew and we will get the problem solved for you as soon as possible.
If you ever have any questions or concerns about your LigTel services, call 1-800-714-6353.
We value you as our customer and your safety is very important to us, therefore we ask that you DO NOT try anything with our radio outside.